What mood are you in and why?

catmag

That's most likely the way to go these days; saw elsewhere there was an author who published her first book on Kindle and it really took off. Will see if I can find myself a copy of that though (my dad's got a kindle I may have to borrow), looks like it'll be a really beneficial read for me. Thanks, lads.

See how the promise of filthy lucre snapped Brock out of his kindle hatred? ;)

Should've known this was all a ruse! :lol:

If I get a book out on kindle, you'd better sodding buy it, git. :razz:

The bird is getting one so Ill get her to buy one :)

I'm still in a bit of a euphoric daze. You may (or most likely may not) have noticed that I've not been on here much lately. This is because I have been revising for my exams for the Primary part of the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, and as such have been on near total lockdown (I've not even been going to jitsu ;) ) Having passed the tricky written component in June, over the last few months I was preparing for the dreaded vivas and practical exam, which I had on Wednesday. I found out I passed the following day. Received written confirmation today, and I discovered that I was right on the pass mark for both components, literally one mark fewer and I'd have been making the long trip down to London again in January and forking out another five hundred quid.

It's very difficult to explain just how relieved and happy I am to have passed these. Even amongst postgraduate medical exams, the anaesthetic ones are notorious for being fiendishly difficult and it takes trainees over two years on average to pass both components, and I work with a few people who are two years in and still haven't got either bit. And I've done it in fifteen months, even it was by the very skin of my teeth, a goal line scramble rather than a 30 yard screamer. But they all count.

Edited by luckyluke

I'm still in a bit of a euphoric daze. You may (or most likely may not) have noticed that I've not been on here much lately. This is because I have been revising for my exams for the Primary part of the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, and as such have been on near total lockdown (I've not even been going to jitsu ;) ) Having passed the tricky written component in June, over the last few months I was preparing for the dreaded vivas and practical exam, which I had on Wednesday. I found out I passed the following day. Received written confirmation today, and I discovered that I was right on the pass mark for both components, literally one mark fewer and I'd have been making the long trip down to London again in January and forking out another five hundred quid.

It's very difficult to explain just how relieved and happy I am to have passed these. Even amongst postgraduate medical exams, the anaesthetic ones are notorious for being fiendishly difficult and it takes trainees over two years on average to pass both components, and I work with a few people who are two years in and still haven't got either bit. And I've done it in fifteen months, even it was by the very skin of my teeth, a goal line scramble rather than a 30 yard screamer. But they all count.

Well done fella, pleased for you kid,

Huge congrats Luke. I've never had to do it but I know the FRCA takes over your life completely and I'm chuffed to bits for you. Are you doing crash obstetrics yet? ;)

Wtg Luke! Great stuff.

Although expect J69 to appear and tell you how easily he passed the same exams and how he gets more holidays a year than you will over your whole career.

You, amongst others, have a right boner for me. Just fucking give Luke some credit without taking the opportunity to have a dig you sad cunt. Get back singing songs on youtube

Well done Luke.

Edited by J69

Wtg Luke! Great stuff.

Although expect J69 to appear and tell you how easily he passed the same exams and how he gets more holidays a year than you will over your whole career.

You, amongst others, have a right boner for me. Just fucking give Luke some credit without taking the opportunity to have a dig you sad cunt. Get back singing songs on youtube

Well done Luke.

This about Luke, not you.

Huge congrats Luke. I've never had to do it but I know the FRCA takes over your life completely and I'm chuffed to bits for you. Are you doing crash obstetrics yet? ;)

Cheers. I've not finished with the FRCA yet - the Final will have to be tackled at some point but that's a long way off. And plus, they say the Primary is harder. Yeah doing obs now.

Wtg Luke! Great stuff.

Well done Luke.

This about Luke, not you.

Aye right yoda

Good lad.

Well done Luke - must be chuffed to bits :)

Back at work having spent the last 5 days moving furniture, building even more, driving ridiculous amounts of miles and haemorraging money like there's no tomorrow.

Almost relieved to get back to some level of normality. Youngest's birthday tomorrow so I'm leaving work early to make a bit of a fuss of him.

BTW - how fucking ridiculous is IKEA furniture? Four different items I had and every single one of them had pretty severe errors in the instruction manuals! As for putting a dining room chair together, they made something so simple become something so complicated.