Dan Gosling

BigAl

Aye, my argument a year ago that it was too early to judge was still right but since that time he's shown himself to be nothing but a massive disapointment.

How many times has he played 'since that time' :lol:

He desperately needs games, which means he needs to go out on loan.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has he played 'since that time' :lol:

He desperately needs games, which means he needs to go out on loan.

Not many but he's been disapointing at best in all of them. I actually thought he had a good first half in Europe the other week when he just kept everything moving along nicely in the middle. But I think he must have had a joint at half time because he slowed down so much and just went totally to shite.

A short term loan might do him good but I do think he's played enough now for us to make a judgement on him and I have to say it's not a positive one.

He's played a handfull of games where he has always been coming back from an injury/preseason etc (ie players like Cabaye, Cisse would be given the 'well he is just coming back' and rightfully so).

I have no idea whether Gosling will ever be a first time player, the pessimist in me says no but we definitely haven't seen enough of him to make any certain judgements.

signs aren't good are they. slow, not particularly skilful, doesn't score goals doesn't seem up to much defensively. i'm not sure what kind of midfielder he's supposed to be actually.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Guest CabayeAye

Whenever he gets a chance he looks like a poor mans Kevin Nolan. Gets himself in the right positions and then doesnt score. Have no confidence in this lad being good enough, but as he was a freebie im not too bothered.

Still gotta pay his wages unfortunately.

TBF to Nolan, he's looked excellent so far this season. The only downside to him, is that you need to play a system to accommodate him, i.e. a target man to lay balls back for Nolan's runs into the box. We don't do that anymore, and Cabaye is a much better all round midfielder, so I'm happy that Nolan is doing well, but happier that we have moved on to a more complete midfield unit.

• 1 year later...

Dan Gosling: Newcastle midfielder admits to FA betting charge

Newcastle midfielder Dan Gosling has admitted a Football Association misconduct charge in relation to betting rules.

The FA says the charge concerns "multiple breaches" and that Gosling has requested a personal hearing to answer his case.

The date of the hearing for the 24-year-old has yet to be set.

Gosling is back with Newcastle after having a loan spell with Blackpool earlier in the season.

He was a regular during his three-month stint at the Championship side but has only made three substitute appearances since returning to the Magpies.

Gosling's breach of betting rules relates to Rule E8b of the FA's regulations.

The rule states a player: "shall not bet, either directly or indirectly" on matches involving themselves or their team as well as the competition they play in or have played in.

In addition, players are prohibited from betting in "any other matter concerning or related to any club participating in any league competition that the participant is participating in or has participated in during that season".

Probably the only thing of note he has done since he signed for us.

Re-reading this I had a chuckle at how right ajax-andy was. What an astonishing waste of wages this clown has been. I cringe every time I see him in black and white, which is thankfully rare.

:lol: Same about the re-reading. And we were all going on about how much of a bargain he'd be, and even the possibility that he'd choose another club.

Makes you think about how far we've come in the last 3-4 years actually.

• 2 months later...

That makes no sense at all. Why would we care about bournemouth? He was always leaving on a free cos his contract expired at the end of the season

Edited by Kitman