Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

Guest CabayeAye

Hart looked fucking good today.

Several run of the mill saves hit quite close to him and caught wrong footed for the own goal.

:lol: it was going wide, Hart was just making sure it wasn't creeping in at the far post, then Lescott goes and passes it into the opposite side of the goal, reckon Krul would have delt with it like?

Krul would have saved it and made it look easy. And then dribbled the ball up the pitch FIFA style and scored the winner.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hart looked fucking good today.

Several run of the mill saves hit quite close to him and caught wrong footed for the own goal.

:lol: it was going wide, Hart was just making sure it wasn't creeping in at the far post, then Lescott goes and passes it into the opposite side of the goal, reckon Krul would have delt with it like?

Krul would have saved it and made it look easy. And then dribbled the ball up the pitch FIFA style and scored the winner.

Before nailing Joe Hart's girlfriend on the sideline for good measure?

TOTTENHAM Hotspur are believed to have shortlisted Tim Krul as a potential January transfer window target.

However, with Krul still contracted to the Magpies until 2014 and loving life with Newcastle United, it would appear the Dutchman is keen to commit his future to the club he joined as a teenager from Den Haag.

The Chronicle understands Spurs – like the rest of the football world – have been impressed with Holland international Krul’s incredible form this season.

With the Londoners short in supply when it comes to goalkeepers, Krul is among a clutch of targets for Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp has had a major fall-out with Brazilian Heurelho Gomes and will be looking to clear him out of White Hart Lane next month, while Brad Friedel, who will be 41 next May, is hardly one for the future – nor is 38-year-old Carlo Cudicini.

A source in the capital told the Chronicle: “Tim’s form has been outstanding this season and he has caught the eye of Tottenham. They are looking for new blood in the goalkeeper department.

“Tim is one of a number of younger goalkeepers they have in mind.”

Newcastle are not keen on selling any of their stars, but Alan Pardew admitted last week he was not looking forward to the “horrible” January window, and admitted: “Some of the financial decisions are taken out of my hands.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=tottenham-target-nufc-keeper-tim-krul%26method=full%26objectid=29887137%26siteid=72703-name_page.html#ixzz1feWzRuJQ

Nothing to do with Krul per se but the thought of actually weakening the squad in January is beyond me. Look what's happening to us now with a few injuries. We still haven't even adequately replaced Enrique.

I know every player has his price but I'd imagine if we sold in January we'd come out with some excuse as to why we're going to wait to the Summer to spend it (and then not spend it at all).

Pardew was saying this morning that when you work for a man like Mike Ashley you learn to expect the odd curveball i.e. anything could happen in January.

Anyway, looks like Pardew certainly made the right decision in August in keeping Krul and letting Forster go on loan.

I think there is no teams in a position where Krul would want to go at the moment, either cause the team or the league sucks or they already have a good GK. Spurs currently enjoy Friedel which has been awesome this year.

I think there is no teams in a position where Krul would want to go at the moment, either cause the team or the league sucks or they already have a good GK. Spurs currently enjoy Friedel which has been awesome this year.

Keep kidding yourself, our achievement is a flash in the pan and we all know it - if anyone, ANYONE comes in waving cash at fatboy they'll get whoever they're after. Fuck whether it weakens the team or the player goes to a rival, it's a bitter pill to swallow but even wank like Spurs can come and cherry pick our team these days, all the more so if it upsets the fans as far as Fat and Dekka are concerned.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

yep kruls come on leaps and bounds lately hes done some amazing saves, saves that would of kept us in matches at least some excluding the chelsea match and man city game.