mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

:good:

The vocalist has a major Geordie connection, 10 points if you know without googling… 

It sounds a hell of a lot like a certain chap who worked with an affable crew of brickies? 

• Like 1

On 27/04/2018 at 13:37, The Fish said:

Now's the time to hoover up any young talent in the area. Spend a couple of million upgrading our youth coaching set up and the facilities now, and get a decent production line of kids coming through. Lewis Gibson's fee could pay for it. It's surely the most sustainable transfer policy. If Newcastle consistently produced a Lewis Gibson every year or so, that’s a much wiser approach then spending Millions on fees, Hundreds of Thousands on agents and on wages, only for Achraf Lazaar to be a flop. Even if we only sold 2 or 3 kids for £100k each, then the Youth facilities pay for themselves.

https://twitter.com/Argyle/status/1675897712334520321

On 03/07/2023 at 05:59, Renton said:

I'm maybe biased, but I rate the North Shileds fish quay, Tynemouth, Culercoats, Whitley Bay circuit quite highly, all on the metro less than 30 minutes from Newcastle city centre. Admittedly I have never been to Roker or Seaburn apart from the air show (RIP) 15 years ago, I'm sure they're okay and infinitely better than their shit tip of a town centre. 

image.png.b5c253da8edce1b4f01cb82f58aa032b.png

I've lived in Tynwmouth most my life. Yes, I would indeed include it as being part of contiguous Newcastle, because it is. Just look at a map. It's more joined to Newcastle than Whitburn is to Sunderland. I don't really think anyone seriously thinks the border of Newcastle and North Tyneside at Wallsend/Longbenton is anything other than an administrative one, and yes, we nearly all support NUFC here.

Then you have madness like this.

image.png.68555bed137d2a2597d8200c34078c55.png

Aye, because a colection of pubs 1 mile from Newcastle city centre is exactly the same as a beach 40 miles up the coast being in Sunderland. 

:lol: Fucking hell they really are desperate cunts. The funniest part is that by doing this they’re clearly stating that places that anyone would classify as Geordie or part of the Newcastle area are miles better. 

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

I love how they simply refuse to acknowledge that the airport is actually within the city of Newcastle :lol: 

it's fucking astonishing why they even give a flying fuck. I certainly don't.

said this before but I know shit loads of villa supporters down here who've never once got their knickers in a twist about birmingham airport being in solihull.

stupid mackem cunts.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's fucking astonishing why they even give a flying fuck. I certainly don't.

said this before but I know shit loads of villa supporters down here who've never once got their knickers in a twist about birmingham airport being in solihull.

stupid mackem cunts.

Tbf the whole area of Birmingham is a shithole so they are all in it together.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Tbf the whole area of Birmingham is a shithole so they are all in it together.

in fairness its quite nice if you approach it from warwickshire. although I think they prefer to think of themselves as practically cornish.

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

in fairness its quite nice if you approach it from warwickshire. although I think they prefer to think of themselves as practically cornish.

I did live in Edgebaston for a very short time when I was working in Birmingham.

The whole area is a shithole with very few shiny spots.

Looking at the England U21 squad and it’s really surprising there’s no Sunderland players in there, given we’re constantly told how immense their players are I’d have thought Clarke or that goalkeeper they bang on about would get a call up? It’s almost as if they overrate the fuck out of them. 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Considering England U21s are largely made up of Premier League regulars, I’m sure Sunderland’s lads aren’t there simply because they would show the others all up

and need to be straight into Southgate’s team

It's plainly a conspiracy to keep their trail blazers out of the national team.  I suspect its that shadowy cartel of tyneside businessmen again...

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Howay said:

Looking at the England U21 squad and it’s really surprising there’s no Sunderland players in there, given we’re constantly told how immense their players are I’d have thought Clarke or that goalkeeper they bang on about would get a call up? It’s almost as if they overrate the fuck out of them. 

There's more riding on this final than the players even realise.

image.png.ac52f6b54211b22eb176ee662c2b4273.png

• Haha 6