John Carver Football Genius

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before reading this i was going to say if he really was one of us a supporter of the club with a bit of pride & self respect. He would do the decent thing & resign but reading this HE should be hounded out the club as well #carverout.com

What could Carver possibly say to any fan that would make any sense? That's what blows my mind, that he thinks there's anything he could say at this point that would actually placate the average fan.

Why hasn't he resigned? I mean fucking hell, it's plain as day that he can't hack it and yet he claims to 'love the club'. If he genuinely did, he'd resign. I would have fucking resigned by now, regardless of how much I was being paid.

The Telegraph reported that Newcastle supporter Allen O’Connell claimed John Carver pointed down the tunnel and mouthed ‘Outside, outside’, which the fan took to mean an offer to have a fight after the game.

Whilst the newspaper added that another United fan, Karen Choake, says that she heard Carver shout ‘Sit down you f****** C***’ to one supporter when he was getting stick from fans around the dugout in the Milburn Stand

The Telegraph reported that Newcastle supporter Allen O’Connell claimed John Carver pointed down the tunnel and mouthed ‘Outside, outside’, which the fan took to mean an offer to have a fight after the game.

Whilst the newspaper added that another United fan, Karen Choake, says that she heard Carver shout ‘Sit down you f****** C***’ to one supporter when he was getting stick from fans around the dugout in the Milburn Stand

:lol: What a twat.

What's probably ironic, when Carver was No.2 to Pardew he was probably telling his mates he could do a better job given the chance. Well he got the chance, and he was right, Pardew never lost 7 in a row. Next thing you know he'll be head-butting 2 people to go one up on Pardew(but unlike Pardew they may be supporters).

Carver is a typical appointment for this regime - crass, substandard, cut price. The appalling run of results are what they deserve from their penny pinching short sighted attitude. The fucking incompetent bastards wrote the season off by appointing this knobhead, gambling that he could get them the four points or so needed to guarantee safety.

What's probably ironic, when Carver was No.2 to Pardew he was probably telling his mates he could do a better job given the chance. Well he got the chance, and he was right, Pardew never lost 7 in a row. Next thing you know he'll be head-butting 2 people to go one up on Pardew(but unlike Pardew they may be supporters).

I'd love it if he was daft enough to swing off on a supporter, would massively increase the chances of us seeing the back of him. He has lost so much respect from me that I don't even want him to have a job at the club in any capacity, I think he's a complete piece of shit and I genuinely hope his career fucking tanks as it's exactly what he deserves.

That's actually quite sad. He's obviously really struggling mentally with the enormity of the situation - if he's talking like that to a newspaper, Christ knows what's going on in his head when he's by himself. Sort of makes you see him as as much of a victim in all this as anyone else. The onus is on those above him to realise this and get him out of the situation that he's in. Unfortunately the bloke directly above him is as ill-equipped as Carver is for the role he's in.

He must know now himself that he's out of his depth. And he's plainly forgotten what it's like to be "one of us" if he wants to get the stewards involved in shutting the fans up ffs. If he couldn't judge for himself in January that he wasn't up to it technically and being Ashleys voice to the world is going to make you deeply upopular then he's got no one to blame but his fuckin self.

Edited by PaddockLad

It's sheer ignorance from him. He knew the fans hated Pardew for his record and what he says in interviews but he's just carried that on to worse depths. It makes it worse that he keeps saying he's one of us etc, when if he was he'd realise he's part of the rot at the club and fuck off.

It doesn't help that when Hughton was sacked he said and was quoted that "there's nothing we can do and it's all the man at the top pulling the strings unfortunately" and now he's tonguing Ashleys ballsack saying we had a squad capable in January but now contradicting himself saying it's not good enough.

That's the difference between the likes of him and Pardew, and the likes of Keegan.

I'm struggling to think of a time when there were so few people linked to the the club that understand it. I think Jonas & R.Taylor get it, it's just a shame that they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

the only worry was set-plays, and we know what we are like at set-plays, it’s our Achilles heel, and to concede in injury time (was a blow).”

:lol: That's your job you bollock faced knacker! It's the most basic of things to drill into your side how to defend set-pieces. Zonal or man-for-man, stop the ball or stop the runs, concentrate for the 1st delivery and expect a second.

This is your fucking job man.

That's the difference between the likes of him and Pardew, and the likes of Keegan.

I'm struggling to think of a time when there were so few people linked to the the club that understand it. I think Jonas & R.Taylor get it, it's just a shame that they aren't good enough to do anything about it.

Exactly, if you show respect to us then we will do the same and back you on the field. Houghton respected us and wanted to do his best for the fans whereas Pardew didn't and wanted to do his best for Ashley. Carver carried that disrespect on by praising Ashley when he knows fine well we hate him. He thought it was alright by saying he's a geordie and pandering to us about Sir Bobby but he'd already chose his side and that's why were sick of him, his shit record just compounds it all.

One thing is for sure when Carver gets binned at the end of the season. I doubt with his record that another club would touch him. Take early retirement at 50.

He has a contract until 2020.

Football 365's Winners and Losers

John Carver

Asked on Friday whether he thought he was in contention for the Newcastle job on a full-time basis, Carver was in confident mood.

"I feel in contention, absolutely - why wouldn't I?" he said. "I'm not a defeatist. I'm a positive guy and I'm not going to write myself off. The club know the situation. A lot of people might write me off. A lot of ex-players and pundits might - they're entitled to do that. They don't see the work I do every day to prepare the team, but people on the inside do."

No John, but those ex-players and pundits (and fans, who Carver failed to mention) do see Newcastle's performances on the pitch. On Saturday, Carver oversaw the club's seventh straight league defeat, their longest run of losses for 38 years. Even during the relegation season of 2008/09, the players displayed a modicum of fight and pride.

After the defeat to Swansea, Carver was close to breaking point, angry at the abuse he had received from supporters. "The club has to do something about it," he said. "It was personal stuff. It's quite difficult to actually stand in that technical area and get abused the way I was abused without any protection from the sidelines. I'm not going to stand there and be abused. I'm not accepting it." After the game, supporters alleged on social media that Carver had sworn at them and offered them out for a fight. This is a managerial spell reaching parody status.

Nobody can doubt Carver's will to succeed, but he is an emphatic reminder that heart and desire are minor ingredients of, not the recipe for, success. He is a helpless pawn in Newcastle's slide down the table. He is the fan-turned-manager, incapable of succeeding as the latter and bridges burned with the former. He demands as much respect from his players as a 60-year-old substitute geography teacher trying to be best mates with all of the students before screaming at them when they misbehave.

Would it be worth putting a pot of pease pudding on the touchline instead to see if that makes any difference next weekend? It'd be an interesting experiment at least, which is more than you can say about bringing Gabriel Obertan and Sammy Ameobi on at half-time to try and change a game.

This is a relatively recent development (I think I was calling him an arsehole as recently as yesterday :lol: ), but I can't find any enjoyment to be gained from an article like that. Some glorified blogger piling on a bloke who is clearly totally out of his depth. Balls to that.

This is a relatively recent development (I think I was calling him an arsehole as recently as yesterday :lol: ), but I can't find any enjoyment to be gained from an article like that. Some glorified blogger piling on a bloke who is clearly totally out of his depth. Balls to that.

You know if I'm in a hole of my own making that's now too deep? I stop digging and get out because I'm not a fucking moron.

Carver can get fucked.

I'd love it if he was daft enough to swing off on a supporter, would massively increase the chances of us seeing the back of him. He has lost so much respect from me that I don't even want him to have a job at the club in any capacity, I think he's a complete piece of shit and I genuinely hope his career fucking tanks as it's exactly what he deserves.

I can't believe you had any respect for him in the first place. It's been obvious since went for Bellamy at the airport that man should have no place at premier league football team regardless of whether they are the one he supports.

You always worry about managers who have had no professional playing record to speak of trying to guide a bunch of overpaid internationals but obviously people like Mournhio have proved it can work. The difference is those people have shown some intelligence in their previous roles to suggest they have ideas and can get them accross to their players so that they earn their respect. Carver wouldn't know and idea if it came along and licked his hoop and can hardly be understood by locals let alone young lads from the continent. How anyone can have any respect for him is beyond me and I really don't think there is many out there that do.

The bloke that gives up the minute he's out of his depth is not the sort of bloke that makes a career in professional sport though tbf.

Besides that though, that is just a snidey article.

Edited by Gemmill