Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

1 point from 9, worst win ratio in the clubs history.....

We're we two hard on Pardew, Carver & McLaren?

We are we two hard.

Sounds like you should stop giving your five year old access to your account.

If we go down, and it looks like we will, I expect Benitez will bugger off as I'm sure he can see that what we have is not good enough to get straight back up like the last time. Probably the only reasons he might stay with us are;

Bigger wage, more money in his pocket.

A huge bankroll to spend on new players of his choice in the summer.

No restrictive rules of management, he holds all the cards.

Staying in England to be closer to his home on the Wirral.

And perhaps a little hurt pride because he didn't keep us up.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes the tardiness of his appointment all the more galling. If he was in for Bournemouth and Stoke I think we'd be at least 4pts better off.

I'm clinging to the naive hope that he might see NUFC as an ongoing project and not want to leave a work in progress, even if we go down.

I'm clinging to the naive hope that he might see NUFC as an ongoing project and not want to leave a work in progress, even if we go down.

I think I read the relegation clause in his contract works both ways. We won't want to pay him the money he's on in the championship, in other words

I think I read the relegation clause in his contract works both ways. We won't want to pay him the money he's on in the championship, in other words

I don't believe that at all, think Ashley might finally be appreciating the cost effectiveness of good football management.

Edited by Renton

I think he's he's desperate now and paid over the odds for premier league survival and the new TV deal money - Benitez I think I read is on £3m for 10 games.

But if we do go down, it wouldn't surprise me if he goes down the Hughton route again. We went up first time of asking on the cheap last time.