Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

10 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, it’s one of the reasons the goals have dried up for him a bit imo. Since he’s so one footed full backs know he wants to go inside every time. 

he'll always be one dimensional player. he's still dangerous though, and i really hope we don't maker a scapegoat of him now maxi has gone.

he was really good against liverpool, aside from the one fluffed chance he blazed over the bar. and not just the graft he puts in which was unmatched. he really should have had a brace - a wonder goal we'd have talked about for years to come if not for a post and a sweetly-struck volley that allison somehow got a hand to. 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2023 at 09:42, Rayvin said:

This is a fucking shambles like :lol:

Just step down you twat.

Woah woah woah, Gemmil's Everton predictions are an integral part of Toontastic lore. You back the fuck off

• Haha 6

:lol: Surely one of the most fucking deluded fan bases going? To go along with those loans he’s been able to sign Martinez and Casemiro (both about £70m), Anthony (£100m), Eriksen (free but large signing bonus and wages), Hojland, Mount, Onana (all in excess of £50m each). All in it’s about a £350m net spend over 3 transfer windows :lol:. We’re on about a £270m net spend over the same period, or about £400m since takeover (all according to transfermarkt). It’s also worth noting that Ten Hags starting point had players like Ronaldo, Sancho, Varane whereas ours had Jeff Hendricks in midfield. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:lol:

Out of the the cup competition already.

We can join them next round. Maybe not bleat on about it on TS though. 

Edited by Chaser

On 05/08/2023 at 10:28, Holden McGroin said:

Wykiki in rare Southgate rage.

Henderson is done man. When he signed that mega buck contract he knew his international career was over.

Errrr you were saying

• Haha 1

:lol: It’s mental like, Maguire and Phillips have barely played club football for over a year now yet they’re in every squad. 

The other weird one to me is he picked Sterling the whole time he was off the boil, then once he’s found a bit of form Southgate drops him. As I’ve said in the past I’m just so relieved that Newcastle is on a path towards success now as having to hope Southgate figures out how to manage this very talented England squad would be even more painful if it was the only chance to see a team I support winning a trophy. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: It’s mental like, Maguire and Phillips have barely played club football for over a year now yet they’re in every squad. 

The other weird one to me is he picked Sterling the whole time he was off the boil, then once he’s found a bit of form Southgate drops him. As I’ve said in the past I’m just so relieved that Newcastle is on a path towards success now as having to hope Southgate figures out how to manage this very talented England squad would be even more painful if it was the only chance to see a team I support winning a trophy. 

Aye, if he was going to pick any old favourite, you’d think it would have been Sterling for the right hand side. The midfield picks are even more glaring when you consider we’ve just won the U21 Euros and there’s been absolutely no sign of bringing any of them in. The group is won already ffs 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, if he was going to pick any old favourite, you’d think it would have been Sterling for the right hand side. The midfield picks are even more glaring when you consider we’ve just won the U21 Euros and there’s been absolutely no sign of bringing any of them in. The group is won already ffs 

Aye he literally never ever tries anything else, different players or different formations. Then people are shocked we have no plan B :lol:. Like he would play Kane in every fucking friendly, so no one has any idea how another striker would fit. 

• Like 1

The bloke's a wet fish and should have been sacked when we didn't make the final in 2018. I appreciate not everyone has the intuition of me but surely watching us deliberately handing the initiative to an Italy team in disarray instead of finishing them off would have made them pull the trigger.

"Theyre not ambitious enough, cant even compete on FFP"

"the only club who spent more than them this season is the one everyone is baffled by"

"yeah well...we should be allowed to do that but no one else should"

• Like 6