Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Btw, I recently read somewhere only 12% of the population of Qatar hold citizenship. The vast majority of the rest come from the Indian subcontinent, the Philippines and Egypt. But I’m sure they’re all well looked after 

• Like 2

I reckon not getting asked to join the Athletic when they started up wounded his pride so much that he's never recovered.

If I remember rightly him and Caulkin used to be good mates, back and forth on twitter etc. quite often but then Caulkin hired Chris Waugh to be the Newcastle correspondent. Caulkin and Waugh now get to spend their days writing loads of articles about Newcastle seemingly without a huge amount of editorial oversight and Luke is still at the telegraph covering a club/sport/region he appears to openly hate nowadays and constantly sniping at every other journalist he can.

• Haha 3

The election result in Hungary made me think of (another) better nomination for The Guardian’s Football Moral Nadir Award. I.e. the time Uefa cosied up to the facist and threatened to move the Euros final away from Wembley and have it Hungary unless the capacity was increased. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think I missed this somewhere along the line...so if we win the cup it would be Europa but if Man Utd do its champions league? ...

Plans like this seemed to be leaked almost annually in the hope the flak isn't too bad. A bit like the Tory party the last few years.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think I missed this somewhere along the line...so if we win the cup it would be Europa but if Man Utd do its champions league? ...

That's how I'm reading it. The fuckers still don't get it do they? 

• Like 4