Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

36 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't understand everyone saying that's them fucked now. They've won 4 games all season, they were more than likely fucked anyway and we're quite comfortably beaten by bottom team Norwich. He'd been there ten years, maybe it's just time for a change. 

It's the timing more than the decision itself for me. I struggling to see how with 8 games left it will in any way benefit them, unless they have someone else already lined up. Sounds like the whole backroom have been sacked so I wonder who will be in charge for Sunday's match.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't understand everyone saying that's them fucked now. They've won 4 games all season, they were more than likely fucked anyway and we're quite comfortably beaten by bottom team Norwich. He'd been there ten years, maybe it's just time for a change. 

As Craig mentioned I think the timing is weird, unless they have a bloke lined up and coming in and have accepted going down but think this gives him a head start on getting his methods etc across, which would lend itself to the ownership thinking it’s time for a change as you mention. If it’s simply to try and stay up I think it’s a rash gamble with a short term outlook. 

When you look at the managers at the top end of the championship it’s mostly managers you’d say are probably worse than Dyche, WBA got Bruce for instance.

16 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's the timing more than the decision itself for me. I struggling to see how with 8 games left it will in any way benefit them, unless they have someone else already lined up. Sounds like the whole backroom have been sacked so I wonder who will be in charge for Sunday's match.

Ben Mee is in charge for that game apparently :cuppa:

• Jaysus... 1

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Bad season or not, youll find practically no one in the town who wanted this, every fan loves him and what hes done for that club.

You know we say about rafa or howe that they "get" the club. That's what Dyche was to Burnley.

Burnleys a small, poor, town that adores its football club. Dyche got that, he got them into the PL and he kept them there, he got them into europe! Hes a no-bullshit bloke who you could still find grabbing a coffee in mcdonalds after a game and go and have a chat to. He's far and away their greatest manager of the modern era.

You don't just boot someone like that so suddenly unless you have no idea what you're doing.

It's a very bad sign for Burnley that this has happened. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Bad season or not, youll find practically no one in the town who wanted this, every fan loves him and what hes done for that club.

You know we say about rafa or howe that they "get" the club. That's what Dyche was to Burnley.

Burnleys a small, poor, town that adores its football club. Dyche got that, he got them into the PL and he kept them there, he got them into europe! Hes a no-bullshit bloke who you could still find grabbing a coffee in mcdonalds after a game and go and have a chat to. He's far and away their greatest manager of the modern era.

You don't just boot someone like that so suddenly unless you have no idea what you're doing.

It's a very bad sign for Burnley that this has happened. 

Aye i worked on Burnley College and some student accommodation. The contractor was a big Burnley fan and they sponsor them. They love Dyche. 

I bet Wraith has his underworld connections* working night and day to find out who runs that account. 
*See also: Luke Edwards’ drinking buddies 

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

I bet Wraith has his underworld connections* working night and day to find out who runs that account. 
*See also: Luke Edwards’ drinking buddies 

"It's.......Rebekah Vard...., err I mean Holly Blades."

coleen-rooney.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Forget the Super League, the pre-season Middle East Cup between PSG, AC Milan, Citeh and ourselves is going to be a cracking league!

Maybe we could invite one or two of those debt ridden Spanish clubs and the German champions if they can afford it.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I still think sales of alcohol at matches should be banned :lol: in the UK like.  

You can’t go comparing the UK with civilised countries in Europe, mate. Apples and oranges ;) 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

You can’t go comparing the UK with civilised countries in Europe, mate. Apples and oranges ;) 

That's very true.

Was in Belgium the other week for a cycle race.  Loads of pissed Belgie's out enjoying the race, not once did I feel like I wanted away like I do here.  I used to stand at Headingley for the rugby but stopped because of people walking too and from the bar every five minutes.  If you want to just concentrate on boozing fuck off to the pub. I now sit (plus I am getting old lol) and it's miles better as people want to watch the rugby.

• Like 2