Eddie Howe

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Just have to record my emotions :lol: 

Have just watched what was a very difficult press conference for Eddie and he handled it throughout with sheer class.

What a bloke. 👏

0_Howe.jpg

"How am I doing, CT?"

Adobe_20180206_191700__01.png.7fae293b74db2cf8f7613900e0a25464.png

"You'll do for me, me bonny bairn."

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Think about all the games last season where poor decisions cost us points. Compare Howe’s reaction then to Arteta’s yesterday. 

Exactly what I said last night, Howe is pure class. Captain Scarlet's stunt double would do well to learn a lesson off him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just to add I rarely watch MOTD these days but did this week and it was refreshing to see Howe's defensive tactics given some praise from Danny Murphy, too often is Howe's brilliant tactical nouse completely overlooked. He outthinks the leagues best managers consistently, every player is fully drilled on the job he expects. Brilliant stuff.

• Like 6

Under Keegan/Robson/Rafa, I wouldn't have been confident of beating Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal with half of our first team injured. As good as they were as managers, and as many good results we had under them. 

Putting 8 past SHU, thrashing PSG, scoring 5 against Spurs in 20mins. These used to be once a season highlights. These games are happening every other week atm! 

Add in the turnaround in players like Joelinton, Murphy, Longstaff, Lascelles etc. and Howe, imo, is the best manager we've had in the premier league.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, best manager of my lifetime. Which is incredible when you consider that includes Robson, Keegan and Souness.

I think you've forgotten the best of them all, at least, according to the man himself.

Newcastle's John Carver believes he is "best coach in the Premier League" -  NBC Sports

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Under Keegan/Robson/Rafa, I wouldn't have been confident of beating Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal with half of our first team injured. As good as they were as managers, and as many good results we had under them. 

Putting 8 past SHU, thrashing PSG, scoring 5 against Spurs in 20mins. These used to be once a season highlights. These games are happening every other week atm! 

Add in the turnaround in players like Joelinton, Murphy, Longstaff, Lascelles etc. and Howe, imo, is the best manager we've had in the premier league.

Totally agree, and I ended up thinking this yesterday myself. He's the best manager we've had in the PL era and that is no disrespect to the monumental achievements of Robson and Keegan, but simply speaks volumes as to how incredibly good Howe is. I hope he's here for the next decade or more frankly.

• Like 2

Think good old Graeme Jones deserves a bit of credit given some of the negatives he was getting when Howe arrived.

Not only is he an integral part of Howes coaching team, he also seems to have a very unique relationship with a lot of the players. Always seems to have someone in a headlock :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Think good old Graeme Jones deserves a bit of credit given some of the negatives he was getting when Howe arrived.

Not only is he an integral part of Howes coaching team, he also seems to have a very unique relationship with a lot of the players. Always seems to have someone in a headlock :lol: 

Yes thats a great shout. Loves his headlock :lol: 

• Haha 2

Eddie Howe has improved so many players in his time here so far. Joelinton can’t even be classed as in improvement, it’s a total reinvention as a midfield general and one of the best in the league. Jacob Murphy, let’s face it we didn’t think he deserved a place in the squad now we can’t bear the thought of him being out for 3 months. Almiron whilst alway full of endeavour is just poles apart from the player he was. Schar is the centre bacjk England wish they had and Lascelles has slotted in so well we don’t even miss Botman. I haven’t even mentioned Longstaff, Krafth, Ritchie, Callum, and Dummet. He is a total magician.

• Like 8