Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-newcastle-united-agree-to-sign-mills-after-bid-accepted-sources/

We've supposedly agreed a 200 grand fee for a young winger off Port Vale. It is Football Insider but lying about a league one accusation for 200 grand seems unlikely. 200,000 for a 14 year old, so they must think he's half decent. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

It’s really nice to see a focus on improving the level of our academy sides. We’ve recruited heavily in this department already with a lot of highly rated British and Irish players, hopefully we see some of them make their way into the first team. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s really nice to see a focus on improving the level of our academy sides. We’ve recruited heavily in this department already with a lot of highly rated British and Irish players, hopefully we see some of them make their way into the first team. 

It's all about either getting them ready for our team or selling them at a good profit if they're not quite good enough. It should always be a win/win. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I don't see the need, seeing as our academy has such a proud history.

The Magpies have a proud history of rearing top-class starlets – with Sean Longstaff, Matty Longstaff and Elliot Anderson among the current stars to make the grade after coming through the club’s academy.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 4

And Dummett/Carroll

I know we joke, but Man City aside, our academy results are no worse than most teams.

I'm also quite proud that we got into the top 4 with regular appearances from 3 local lads in Sean L, Burn and Anderson 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

And Dummett/Carroll

I know we joke, but Man City aside, our academy results are no worse than most teams.

I'm also quite proud that we got into the top 4 with regular appearances from 3 local lads in Sean L, Burn and Anderson 

I'm not sure if that's true. We've produced a couple but nothing like West Ham, Everton and the like. And our best aren't near theirs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm not sure if that's true. We've produced a couple but nothing like West Ham, Everton and the like. And our best aren't near theirs.

Could say the same for Villa too.

• Like 1

Sunderland and Boro have had better academies than ours for fucking decades. If the biggest club in the region can’t even pick up the best local talent it’s not a great sign. I realise it’s not just about nurturing local talent and hasn’t been for ages, but we haven’t been very good at signing and developing kids from elsewhere either

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

RMC in France are saying that PSG might try and flog us Ekitike 😂 He's still on loan to them so they'd have to trigger a 30m clause to buy him and then presumably flog. If any of that is true you'd assume they'd at least want a bit more than their money back, otherwise it would make little sense. Sounds a bit odd, so file this under most likely nonsense. I mean unless they get say 5m, perhaps more with performance related add ons, out of it and add in a sell on fee or whatever to make the hassle worth their while. I know some would resent him coming given he messed us about a bit, or at least it seemed that way, but I personally wouldn't hold a grudge against a young French kid choosing PSG over us, especially given where we were in the league at the time. He could be the perfect replacement for ASM if he's on his way, and he can play as a centre forward as well. Reading the article again I think it's more a case of him probably being available and us having had previous interest, as opposed to PSG having contacted us, or us having contacted them. So people are obviously attempting to add two and two but it might yet turn out to be five. 

The option to buy is mandatory for Ekitike, so that makes a lot more sense if he's not in their plans and they need cash for other deals. Or rather it was a loan with an obligation to buy. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

PIF going mad. The Saudi league will end up like the Russian and Chinese leagues in 5 years. 10 superstars on silly wages doesn't make up for the other 200 x non-league level players stinking up the league 

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

£35m for Mac Allister is brilliant business for Liverpool 

Aye, if it’s true it’s a good deal. I have a hard time believing much when that club are involved mind, they’re the one club that seems to pay significantly lower than any discussed release clauses/demands in the media after the signing. It always seems a bit like publicity and playing into this perception that Klopp is doing more with less than anyone else in a time where most transfers are officially undisclosed. 

• Like 2

You'd think that Ashworth would have been privy to any release clause held by Brighton players, and £35m is a steal for Mac Allister. You'd have thought he'd have been all over it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You'd think that Ashworth would have been privy to any release clause held by Brighton players, and £35m is a steal for Mac Allister. You'd have thought he'd have been all over it.

I can see he’s a good player. Is he actually better than Willock for example though? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season