Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

So, according to that knacker Casey, we spent more money on Tonali than it would’ve cost to get Howe’s number one target (Maddison)? 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

So, according to that knacker Casey, we spent more money on Tonali than it would’ve cost to get Howe’s number one target (Maddison)? 

But, but, but Spurs blew us out of the water. 😀

• Haha 2

What does that knacker get out of all of this. Its a lot of effort to keep up the charade, does he get money or is it just attention?

Then again AdamP/Gemmill quit school to be a professional YouTuber so there must be money in it somewhere

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

What does that knacker get out of all of this. Its a lot of effort to keep up the charade, does he get money or is it just attention?

Then again AdamP/Gemmill quit school to be a professional YouTuber so there must be money in it somewhere

I mean I think it’s just the attention. But he seems to attract mainly ridicule. With the odd comment from people who clearly aren’t all there, earnestly asking for the next bit of inside knowledge. Quite why anyone would want that sort of attention is beyond me 

Downie saying we'll look to Szoboszlai. Whether he's gotten that knowledge first hand or is just guessing based on the sustained rumours who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if we get someone other than Szoboszlai largely out of the blue like Tonali. 

• Like 3

Tbh I’ve questioned for a while if we were even interested in Maddison since CL qualification. I feel like it’s similar to the Diego Carlos transfer where he suited our profile of target in that January window but we never went back in for him that summer. I’d have liked Maddison as I rate him as a player but Szoboszlai seems to fit the profile of player we’ve been targeting closer. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

German press is saying that Leipzig want to kee Szoboszlai and will be in a good position financially if they sell Gvardiol.

they may want to but szoboszlai himself hinted he wants a move when interviewed the end of the season, didn't he? 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

they may want to but szoboszlai himself hinted he wants a move when interviewed the end of the season, didn't he? 

Yeah you would hope that would be one advantage and that we've turned his head. It's a tough position for Leipzig to be in. They look like they're going to lose pretty much all their top players apart from Olmo and a few others. The story in the German press could just be Leipzig using a bit of gamesmanship letting it be known that they'll be tough negotiators. 

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sure, but if they receive a vast amount of money for Gvardiol they will only listen to offers matching the release clause as long as it is valid.

16 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Sure, but if they receive a vast amount of money for Gvardiol they will only listen to offers matching the release clause as long as it is valid.

So this then :whistling:

3 hours ago, MrBass said:

If this article has any truth in it (the Man City element) then we're unlikely to get Szoboszlai -  https://sportwitness.co.uk/much-newcastle-magpies-decide-e70m-simply-high-price-didnt-want-exceed-e60m/

Given that we were linked with Matheus Franca again the other day, I wouldn't be surprised if we went for someone like that, as in less established but talented with a high ceiling, instead of paying between 50 and 70m for someone like Szoboszlai. The only thing that goes against it is that Howe talked about getting in at least two elite additions, and someone like Franca, coming from Brazil, would likely take time to settle, and maybe even need to be loaned out. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m ignoring all itks and any links. We seem to decide on someone prepare quietly and then make a bid.

I’ve never heard of the website Sportwitness ( mentioned above) for example but, irrespective of how established / popular it is, they’re unlikely to have the inside track. It’s all about generating clicks / traffic for advertising revenue. Nothing more 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve never heard of the website Sportwitness ( mentioned above) for example but, irrespective of how established / popular it is, they’re unlikely to have the inside track. It’s all about generating clicks / traffic for advertising revenue. Nothing more 

Aye. NewsNow used to be canny decent years back, now it's just a hive of clickbait articles. Still, passes the time init :lol:

• Haha 2

Best rule of thumb seems to be, if it’s in the press as “interested in”, “liked” or some such, it ain’t happening and the less said about ITK’s the better.

50 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Southampton may want £50 million for a 20 year old full back but I can guarantee they will not get it :lol: 

We value Ryan Fraser at 38M then.

12M+ Fraser

Seems like a fair deal to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season