Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

We might be seeing the beginning of the end of Ashley's time as owner of NUFC if/when relegation comes. I just can't see him being interested as he has bigger fish to fry regarding SD. Plus the fee worldwide tv advertising will be stopped that alone must be worth a fortune. Also realising he's got a bunch of fools running the show all this added together might be just enough for him to sell up & go.

Wahey!

And am I right in thinking it's the resting place of the glorious Mallard?!

Aye, my eldest loves the place. That and the Flying Scotsman are his favourites. He's only 4 like so I'll let him off ;)

Edited by Alex

We might be seeing the beginning of the end of Ashley's time as owner of NUFC if/when relegation comes. I just can't see him being interested as he has bigger fish to fry regarding SD. Plus the fee worldwide tv advertising will be stopped that alone must be worth a fortune. Also realising he's got a bunch of fools running the show all this added together might be just enough for him to sell up & go.

He doesn't really seem the type to walk away from all that money like. You're not the only ones who's made that argument but I don't agree with the logic behind it.

This is tinfoil hat stuff man. This is purely down to ineptitude. And Ashley is inept as well if he hasn't come to the conclusion that Charnley and Carr need to go as well.

Aye, it's absolute fucking bollocks iyam.

Aye, my eldest loves the place. That and the Flying Scotsman are his favourites. He's only 4 like so I'll let him off ;)

heh! I guess you never lose that boyish love of a big blue train

Didn't know you were a dad too now [emoji41] congrats man

This thread has given me a laugh if nothing else. Let's hope some good news comes this week to end this debacle. Went past Steve's house this morning and it was all quiet. Was expecting to see the odd journo car parked outside waiting to bait him when he returned.

Shephard to put in a stupidly low bid. Nailed on

I dont see why Benitez would consider us for a minute. He'll have a nice holiday until one of the top European clubs have a vacancy.

It's annoying that his name has even been mentioned, it just makes us all look deluded

No chance of him coming here

Edited by gpirlo68

He'll probably stay on the board man. It's such a fucked up situation really.

I can't believe they've fucked him like this to be honest. All this "80 mil" talk, we've neglected / quick bucked all of our defenders and strikers for years and 2 midfielders and a young striker are the answer - the manager is to blame? fuck that.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the main argument - team selection is even 100% under his control, I bet Charn etc are wanting him to play Gouffran etc to try and increase chances of offloading since they have the midfield.

Edited by scoobos

The outcome of all this is going to be disappointment. Dissapointment if he stays or dissapointment in his successor.

Edited by trooper

McClaren has failed. The reason he won't resign, when quite clearly anyone with dignity would, is money. Disgraceful. He got a fortune off England, he's had money off Derby, Twente, and Wolfsburg he got seven figures. Disgusting. As a bloke he's not nasty or that bad, he's just weak. He needs to leave if he has any self respect at all. As it is I guarantee you now we'll owe him £2m.

Rafa Benitez would be a fantastic addition but I can guarantee he won't come here. Why would someone with his CV who could manager anywhere, go from the world's biggest club, to the world's biggest joke?

McClaren has failed. The reason he won't resign, when quite clearly anyone with dignity would, is money. Disgraceful. He got a fortune off England, he's had money off Derby, Twente, and Wolfsburg he got seven figures. Disgusting. As a bloke he's not nasty or that bad, he's just weak. He needs to leave if he has any self respect at all. As it is I guarantee you now we'll owe him £2m.

Rafa Benitez would be a fantastic addition but I can guarantee he won't come here. Why would someone with his CV who could manager anywhere, go from the world's biggest club, to the world's biggest joke?

Aye I think Benitez name is being mentioned to try & deflect how pathetic this situation is. As you say Stevie it's all about money there's no pride or dignity in it. It's similar to Pardew he would never have walked he wanted the big pay day (not that they were ever going to sack him)

Benitez is never going to come to Newcastle in a million years, and the more I think about it the more I doubt moyes would. It's a fuckin shambles, can't believe how such a succession of incompetent, self-serving glakes can be in charge of a multi million pound organisation that means so much to an entire region of people. I remember the day Ashley's takeover was announced, I turned up to 5-a-side in west London in the evening and me and my best mate, who is also from Newcastle and had ended up down there at the same time, were over the moon. We both agreed that although neither of us had ever heard of Ashley or knew anything about him, he had to be a massive improvement on shepherd and we'd surely start fulfilling our potential, what a fuckin joke.

This from The Telegraph

The delay in sacking McClaren appears to have been caused by the fact the board wanted to meet to discuss McClaren’s future before a final decision was made, with Mike Ashley out of the country on other business. He has been kept in touch with developments, but is adamant he does not want to take an active role in the decision making, heaping pressure on Charnley to make the right call.

Newcastle also want to make sure they have secured the right man to replace McClaren before pulling the trigger, as they do not want to be accused of making a panic appointment.

That search continues and although The Daily Telegraph understands that Moyes and Benítez are the preferred options, Charnley has been contacted by the agents of several high-profile, out-of-work managers this week.

However, all the potential replacements want to discuss the exact nature of the role with Charnley, as they are concerned about the amount of power they will have. They also want assurances about what will happen if the club are relegated to the Championship in terms of budget and ambition.

Neither McClaren nor his predecessor Alan Pardew were in charge of recruitment and Moyes, in particular, is only willing to consider taking on the challenge of saving Newcastle from relegation if he is employed as a manager, rather than a head coach.

That would mean a huge change in the way Newcastle has been run by Ashley since he bought the club in 2007.

Nevertheless, the head coach experiment has not worked with McClaren and Newcastle, led by Charnley, are willing to consider a change in approach, in the same way Sunderland were when they appointed Sam Allardyce and scrapped the role of director of football in order to persuade him to take the job.

The other major issue to be resolved with a new appointment is the wages on offer. McClaren earns around £700,000 a year, which makes him one of the lowest paid Premier League bosses, as was Pardew. All of those linked with the job would expect to be paid at least double that amount, given their pedigree and status within the game.

There has even been a suggestion from those close to the process that Moyes could ask for as much as £4 million a year, which would almost certainly price him out of contention.

Newcastle are willing to compromise, but it makes negotiations even more complex when they could be in the Championship next season, which would mean covering huge losses on player wages.

You know what, the club deserve relegation if they're unwilling to deviate from their fucking stupid head coach idea. Let them burn.

That said, we'll never get moyes if he wants 4m...

The phrase peanuts and monkeys springs to mind. This is where Ashleys penny pinching on the executives, manager and players has inevitably led us. When will he learn the manager is the single most important appointment the club makes, rather thanan opportunity to economise?