mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I love, LOVE, that he's tight as owt as well. Years of splashing out on shite while abusing our transfer policy (which is fair game tbf) is going to seem like paradise compared to what is going to get served up here. I still think they'll piss League One like but that's more due to the league being shite and them being the biggest name in it by a mile

• Like 1

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Wait until they see how much on average a ticket costs.

:lol: That is a good point, Stewart won’t even give away bottles of water so the free tickets will come to an end. 

16 minutes ago, Kitman said:

Eastleigh :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Good preparation for non league football

Damn right..

If these are his credentials.. happy days!!

Eastleigh were promoted to the National League for the first time in their history in 2014 but have been unable to reach the English Football League - despite Donald's attempts to "buy his way out" of the division.

Donald has overseen numerous managerial comings and goings during his time as owner, with current boss Andy Hessenthaler their fifth different full-time manager since Richard Hill's departure in 2015.

The club's National League campaign came to an end on Saturday, as the Spitfires finished the season 14th in the table.

In the mid to late 90s I worked at the Ford Transit van factory in Southampton with a lad who played for Eastleigh. He said they were a bunch of county standard hackers but there was some new money wank stain wth big ambitions in the background. Can only assume it's this chancer. He got Eastleigh from the very bottom rung of semi pro football into the fully pro division 5 of the English football league. Would like to hear who his backers are before I could comment on whether he can do anything with the tramps..but it's fair to say it would appear they're no longer a rudderless pile of utter fuckin shit. Shame. 

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

They're seething.Simon Jordan has suggested it's a bad move for the new owner and BBC News is reporting they're being taken over  by a non-league chairman.

That’s a remarkable recovery time for a man of your age. 

Did you swap hands and go for a “stranger” for Round 2?

• Haha 1

Love how they're trying to make out they're in the best shape they've been in for years because Short says he's cleared the debt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I have little interest in Sunderland but word is that Mick McCarthy was in Boldon BMW garage this morning. 

It may have been for a job interview.

• Haha 1

One thing I can't quite get my head around concerning Short and this paying off the debt fiasco - if he was ready to do this, then it makes the Fish look right about his reluctance to spend in January. If he can afford to stuff an extra £80m or whatever it was into the club to pay off that debt, then why didn't he spend any money to save them... £80m would easily have been enough to get them contending for promotion this season.

Although I suppose you have to consider that if it had all gone wrong again he would have had no money to bail them out later.

Hard not to see this as a silver lining for them tbh. Debt free for a club that size is like a second lease of life. Once they sell off their loaned out players for about £15m or so, they can presumably funnel all of that straight into recruitment. That'll see them promoted from L1.

I don't think they'll be resurgent beyond that tbh, I suspect that the Championship will hold them for a while, but still, administration and further collapse seems to be off the table.

It's a great result for them but that's obviously relative to being a League 1 club staring administration in the face. He must've been fucking deperate to get rid of them mind :lol: