Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

“If you can’t afford kids don’t have them” 

A. Bellend writes about how well the country has learned to snarl at the disadvantaged and how Steve Bruce really is doing a good job at a football club pundits universally hate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Tbf that sounds like just the sort of article your average telegraph reader wants

Have some compassion…

…they’ll be grieving because their owners are suddenly 50% less cuntish. 

Media billionaire David Barclay dies, aged 86 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55643249

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Tbf that sounds like just the sort of article your average telegraph reader wants

Aye. I replied to some melt on Twitter earlier today whose argument about poor parenting was founded on a firm belief that chicken dippers cost more than £7/kg. :lol: It's just little things like that that are a dead giveaway - no need to worry about facts when you can just think whatever best suits your prejudice - and people like Edwards know what side their bread's buttered on. What a way to make a living though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bit of a debate raging in the Guardian comment sections atm - was Rooney a better player than Shearer? Debate is going on along club lines with the only balanced opinions being from outsiders, but in general the consensus is that Rooney was the better player 'all round' but Shearer the better goalscorer.

I remember Shearer being decent in his defensive work towards the end though and I can remember Rooney being completely useless and carried through games at times.

Obviously this has all kicked off because Rooney has just retired.

I think Shearer made the absolute most of his ability (which he had in spades) before injuries caught up with him. I think Rooney was about 80% of the player he might’ve been. I’d take peak Shearer I think. But Rooney had a fantastic career. But he wasn’t great for England after Euro 2004 

Shearer every time for me. He showed his ability as an all rounder footballer with his ability to adapt. 

Contrast that to the many seasons of shite Rooney offered from midfield playing 30 yard passes over the top but offering little function. 

Rooney was a great talent although I feel Ferguson let him down in the end & Rooney let himself down. 

He had the best facilities science could offer but still looked like a lad playing Sunday physically :lol: 

Our current situation implies we have to beat the teams around us .I don’t believe we have enough players who would relish a relegation fight.Take the shambolic first half against the worst team in the league.We couldn’t even look organised defensively with only one up front.Too many players don’t give a toss.I’ve said it before,we concede,neebody looks disappointed,neebody looks angry,neebody bollocks anybody,Brucey’s face goes red,Brucey looks clueless,then we look like we’re only restarting the game because we have to.

A few weeks back I wasn’t overly concerned as even though we were shite we were picking up points, the teams below were really struggling too. The worry was when you’re playing crap football and getting goals from very few chances that you’ll go through a period where you’re not getting those goals, it seems like those goals have dried up and now with Bruce essentially rounding on the players by branding them frigging hopeless, and shite, I can only see the situation getting worse.

Basically we were bad enough when he was seemingly getting some effort out of them, without them on side we’re fucked. If Ashley and Charnley want the club in the PL they need to act decisively imo, we’ve strayed into that period of time similar to when McLaren was pretending he was a football manager where they risk keeping him on long enough to really fuck over the bloke that comes in to clean up the mess. I’ve absolutely no faith in them to remove him though, and expect them to stick with him until it’s way too late. We’re completely reliant on 3 teams being worse than us at this point as we’re a fucking dreadful team with this pudding faced wank in charge. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Someone please explain. 

I've no idea what the 'sit down Fabian' means as I follow neither wraith nor the lass but wraith has a 'ladies night' on a podcast and she's one of the lasses on it and...... I don't what else to add tbh? :lol:

On 16/01/2021 at 15:38, Rayvin said:

Bit of a debate raging in the Guardian comment sections atm - was Rooney a better player than Shearer? Debate is going on along club lines with the only balanced opinions being from outsiders, but in general the consensus is that Rooney was the better player 'all round' but Shearer the better goalscorer.

I remember Shearer being decent in his defensive work towards the end though and I can remember Rooney being completely useless and carried through games at times.

Obviously this has all kicked off because Rooney has just retired.

I got involved in this on the graud, a few said about Rooney that it was funny how quick people forget how good he was. My response to it was: 

"Funny that it's mentioned how quickly people forget when it comes to remembering talent, to say Rooney was better than Shearer "by a fair way" is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I don't care if as a Newcastle fan I sound biased, Shearer was unreal at times, men against boys stuff."

I mean, some people were suggesting it was an absolute not contest with Rooney far ahead of Shearer.