Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

On 14/07/2023 at 22:14, ewerk said:

Is that PL figure anywhere near right?

Going off Transfermarkt (I know I know)

image.png.1905522fe48b7f5e5d052a401b609a7e.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Is there anyone who thinks Chelsea's business is above board? The fact that they got so much done so quickly stinks to high heaven.

I don't think they've done anything wrong, I think the timing is just serendipitous. A season before, or after and they would have been fucked. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is the part of the price we’re going to pay for a decent team…

https://x.com/nufc/status/1691736843392290994?s=46&t=Ob2-o4XW2OqBfdaNO_UQnQ

bit of an odd one isn't it?

I can only imagine the outrage it's caused over on wearside amnesty fc's parsnip section as sadly I can't view it anymore!  :lol:

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is the part of the price we’re going to pay for a decent team…

https://x.com/nufc/status/1691736843392290994?s=46&t=Ob2-o4XW2OqBfdaNO_UQnQ

It's my 50th on the 8th September, what better a birthday treat could I have than to head to SJP to watch, [checks post].... Saudi Arabia v Costa Rica. :yahoo:(I bet that little weird YouTube kid goes to it).

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If NUFC want to emphasise separation from KSA I’d have thought letting their team play at SJP wouldn’t be a great PR move tbh :cuppa:

With all the usual caveats about the disgusting rulership of Saudi, I actually don't have a problem with this or infact the Saudi-like change kits.

Leadership aside Saudi has a young  football crazy 36 million population. It makes total sense to me to position the club to make us the team of choice for that audience. Saudi isn't just about MBS  as revolting as he is, I'd much rather be associating us with the gen pop

Lfc and man ufc have benefited hugely from getting to the asian market first,  SA is a huge marketplace we would be mugs to ignore

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

With all the usual caveats about the disgusting rulership of Saudi, I actually don't have a problem with this or infact the Saudi-like change kits.

Leadership aside Saudi has a young  football crazy 36 million population. It makes total sense to me to position the club to make us the team of choice for that audience. Saudi isn't just about MBS  as revolting as he is, I'd much rather be associating us with the gen pop

Lfc and man ufc have benefited hugely from getting to the asian market first,  SA is a huge marketplace we would be mugs to ignore

Yeah I think that’s undoubtedly part of PiF’s long term aims, to turn the population of KSA into “proper mags”… 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

All it's going to do is invite more unwanted attention to our relationship with Saudi. I'm not sure what the motivation for it is.

From the football clubs point of view it raises their profile in the middle east Asia and south America. Its all about being a global brand.

It's pointless ignoring the fact we're owned by PIF , that's not going away, but this is more about marketing the club than "sportswashing".

It seems to be sportswashing is exaggerated as a motive the the Saudi rulers. They don't give much of a toss what the West thinks, they've got oil so they've got money so they've got power. 

This is all about consolidating their money and power, that's what motivates them, not what football fans think of their politics

• Like 2

I can't really understand why people think this raises any further questions of whether we're owned by the Saudi state.  Being owned by PIF is more than enough reason on it's own to expect something like this from day one.  I can also see why this is beneficial to the club in terms bringing in further revenue from the middle east.  What concerns me is that I can't see them being well attended and I worry that people that do go will behave like morons and make the rest of us look like what the mackems try to claim we are.

• Like 2

“ The latest figures show mental health amongst men aged 18-70 on wearside has deteriorated at an alarming rate . 

20200709_121601__01.jpg

“Get on the blower to Comrade Bin Salaman, a couple of friendlies should finish them off.” 

“ What’s his WhatsApp again?”

• Haha 3