Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

John Tucker Must Die

I don't know about John Tucker, but everyone who was involved in this sorry excuse for a film must die.

I actually saw that at the cinema.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Drive

I loved the Pusher trilogy, so had high hopes for this when I realised it was the same director. I wasn't as impressed as I anticipated though. It was a good watch but I'm not one for the eighties so the Miami Vice stylings of it put me off a bit. The soundtrack is lush, but the sub-Herzog drawn out shots of him going about his business and the California skyline that accompanied it annoyed me despite how pretty they were.

Kill List

Don't want to say too much about it because I never knew much and the places it goes were a total head-fuck. Two ex-army fellas have become hitmen and after a botched job in Kiev haven't done any work in 8 months. In need of money to support his demanding wife one of them is persuaded by the other to take on a list of hits. As he works through them he starts getting less professional and more bloodthirsty....and then it goes fucking mental. Get hold of it, something different to the usual bollocks....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B005GJTNRG%3FSubscriptionId%3D035HRQETZS3GCGBJ3F82%26tag%3Dfindhotelinth-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953

Disney reckon they're gonna lose $200 million (£126m) on John Carter.

Ouch!

:cantlook: is it that bad?

From what I gather its a canny film if you like that kind of thing. But, the budget was so big that it needed to beat something like avatar to make money.

I saw Kill List at the Tyneside Cinema last year and it was canny fucked up. Starts off as a standard hitmen film then goes into a Wicker Man horror. Class film.

I wouldnt rate it as class. You've probably just ruined it for everyone by referencing the other film though, :razz:

I saw Kill List at the Tyneside Cinema last year and it was canny fucked up. Starts off as a standard hitmen film then goes into a Wicker Man horror. Class film.

I wouldnt rate it as class. You've probably just ruined it for everyone by referencing the other film though, :razz:

I thought it was excellent. Nice of Scoreboard to spoil it for people though, when i pointedly avoided revealing the direction it takes.

Disney reckon they're gonna lose $200 million (£126m) on John Carter.

Ouch!

:cantlook: is it that bad?

From what I gather its a canny film if you like that kind of thing. But, the budget was so big that it needed to beat something like avatar to make money.

I've only ever seen one ad for it.

Am I the only one or does it seem like they've not really tried to get people to go see it

Anyone heard about this new action film called The Raid? I think it's Taiwenese...don't quote me on that though...

Apparently it's the best action film in a long while. So good in fact, that the rights to a US remake were purchased before it even got an American release date :lol:

Knight and Day. Pap.

Knight And Day. Fucking awful, would have switched it off had it been on the telly.

I thought it was mint. I laughed out loud at least 3 times. It was very much aware of what it was doing and was to be laughed with rather than at.

Plot development? Who needs that? What we'll do is have a string of action sequences strung together and just have Cameron Diaz knocked out at the end of each one and Tom Cruise explain what happened while she was out at the start of the next one.

You knew it would be this daft from the moment he jumped a motorbike off an overpass, you saw it crash on the ground, then a beat later he landed on the windscreen of her car, still with his shades on, and he started chatting her up. Kermode would call it the death of narrative cinema, but it gave 3 generations of our family (above 30) a laugh....though her Gran did fall asleep.

Hunger Games is the biggest opening original (non-remake, non-sequel) film of all time. I hadn't heard of it before this morning. Seems to be a lot like Battle Royale, which has to be a good thing, and I loved Pleasantville (same director). Hope to get to the IMAX to see it this week.

The books are very popular with teenage girls apparently. There was a big write up about it in the ST yesterday, Battle Royale might be a bit darker and apparently the censor's took quite a bit of gore out to get the 12 rating.

Nerds on the internet are already calling THG shite in defense of Battle Royale, completely ignoring the point Battle Royale was trying to make. It was a film about the downfall of the Japanese schooling system, not a story about a bunch of bairns doing each other in with katanas. I do fancy Hunger Games though.

Hunger Games is the biggest opening original (non-remake, non-sequel) film of all time. I hadn't heard of it before this morning. Seems to be a lot like Battle Royale, which has to be a good thing, and I loved Pleasantville (same director). Hope to get to the IMAX to see it this week.

Same vein as the Twilight books. Prepare to be surrounded by 11 year old girls if you want to see it