Allardyce sacked.

Akabusi

Haven't read the thread as I only found out 5 mins ago and just want to type randomly.

This seems strange after what looked like genuine backing - my hope is that that means they have someone worth doing something as daft as this for.

Yes, despite my vehement anti-Allardyce stance I think sacking now with nobody lined up is worse than waiting out the season.

I heard the "british" comment on SSN and cringed as I thought of McLaren, Moyes, Redknapp, Strachan and Bruce - hope this is a smokescreen.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Balls to all the fans whining cos he gone

He bought crap players, played crap football, played players out of position, blamed anyone but himself for his shortcomings and all under an owner who didnt appoint him in the first place!

Time for Ashley to get his own man in and get back to supporting a decent team

Who da man, J69?

340859.jpg

Smokescreen - putting everybody in the dark so they can shock the world with Jose

Great minds think alike.....that was my 1st impression anyway.

Yeah but it really does sound like bollocks though. Your smokescreen idea, that is. This is NUFC, we don't do smokescreens, we do incompetence.

Well the NUFC of recent times yes, but ashley is a very shrewd businessman, i think this could be his way of transforming the club into his own. Doing things his way right from the start........Mourinho in by end of next week!

You are setting yourself up for a very VERY crushing disappointment.

Well while im an optimist i am also a realist, so though i have a feeling mourinho has a shout im not holding my breath because this is nufc afterall, and iv got the pessimist inside screamin "mclaren, mclaren, mclaren" haha

Id be happy with....Lippi, mourinho, strachan, van basten and possibly shearer!

I'm thinking it's Mourinho now.

I think the comment about the "foreign" manager was that they club are not looking abroad.

We'd have to go through the right channels because Mourinho cannot manager another club until summer, unless negotiated with Chelsea.

Get your money on him.

I'd like to know why Terry Mac and Pearson etc get away scott free?They should have went with Roeder tbh!

Half our players get a fifth chance at playing well too now

I'd like to know why Terry Mac and Pearson etc get away scott free?They should have went with Roeder tbh!

Half our players get a fifth chance at playing well too now

Thought BSA would have at least got shot of those, hopefully the next manager will realise this!

Haven't read the thread as I only found out 5 mins ago and just want to type randomly.

This seems strange after what looked like genuine backing - my hope is that that means they have someone worth doing something as daft as this for.

Yes, despite my vehement anti-Allardyce stance I think sacking now with nobody lined up is worse than waiting out the season.

I heard the "british" comment on SSN and cringed as I thought of McLaren, Moyes, Redknapp, Strachan and Bruce - hope this is a smokescreen.

I'd echo that statement.

If it IS an Englishman, Shearer would be the optimal choice IMO.

Says a lot about English managers.

Redknapp, then Shearer

Really can't see him leaving Portsmouth. And despite how well they're doing I don't see Rednkapp as a massive improvement on Allardyce. Shearer, at least, is an unknown quantity.

I think the comment about the "foreign" manager was that they club are not looking abroad.

We'd have to go through the right channels because Mourinho cannot manager another club until summer, unless negotiated with Chelsea.

Get your money on him.

Me too, worth a tenner ay?

I reckon it's Mark Hughes and I'm pretty fucking disappointed.

I work with a Blackburn fan who reckons its common knowledge he's being groomed for Man U.

I've been talking to one who reckons he's coming to us

Get your money on him.

Me too, worth a tenner ay?

Nope, get that tenner and go buy alot of cans and drown your sorrows as newcastle are in a fucking mess atm. Mourinho SAS, Sir Bobby needs to get on the phone to him!!

Get your money on him.

I fucking hope you're right. But everything they've said implies that they haven't approached anyone, and I doubt Mourinho would go for us when he could be in with a shout for Barca/Real/Milan.

I'd echo that statement.

Have you forgotten starting an Official Allardyce Out thread about a month ago? :razz:

Allardyce gets the shit for not playing the team you wanted him too, and now the Chairman gets it for not sacking him the way you wanted him to. ;)

Get your money on him.

;) I never had you down as delusional! :razz:

So, judging from the bookies who have Shearer, Venables, Keegan and McLaren down as the British managers with the best odds who would you take out of them?

More to the point if the club's already restricting themselves to British coaches who else is there apart from those four? Redknapp? Curbishley? Hughes? None of those seem likely, well, maybe Hughes is a possibility but would he deliver the type of football wanted?

Some bloke on SSN said something about having Keegan as manager with Shearer as number two, would that work? It might but I don't like the idea of a manager being forced in to taking an assistant not of his choice.

Get your money on him.

I fucking hope you're right. But everything they've said implies that they haven't approached anyone, and I doubt Mourinho would go for us when he could be in with a shout for Barca/Real/Milan.

If they wanted him,these clubs would have got him by now