Steve McClaren sacked as Newcastle United 'Head Coach' (Manager)

Tooj

Surely he's gone now yes? I can't see any way he survives. The money Ashley would lose going down this year surely has to motivate the man. If McClaren lasts through mid-week, there should be pitchforks and torches the likes of which no one has seen before.

I attempted to have a look earlier but MotD have confirmed that this is our lowest ever points haul from 28 matches played in the PL.

McClaren has been an undeniable failure.

Lowest points haul at this stage of the season since 1989, they said in commentary today.

I thought McClaren might steady the ship early doors but his position now is totally untenable. If the muppets in charge don't see that now they're even more clueless than I thought

How many games did Shearer have to keep us up? I think it was less than 10.

Bring in Moyes for the remaining 10 games. Hoyman he's on the dole and would probably jump at a short-time job to keep him in beer money.

I thought he'd been sacked by now if they'd wanted to do it. The fans wanting it is probably all the more reason for Ashley not doing it.

Just amazing how someone can mess up running a football club this badly time after time after time.

After making it plain he had no intention of stepping down, the 54-year-old was defiant as he addressed the sensitive question of his future. “Would I quit? No way,” he said. “I don’t do that. I have enough experience. I’ve been through this with chants like that [calling for his head]. That’s the perils of being a manager – and especially of this team.”

What is it with people stating that having chants calling for their head is something that they're 'especially likely to get up here'? As if we're any more demanding than anyone else. I've watched a couple of Villa games this season and they've been amongst some of the most poisonous atmospheres I think I've seen. Does McClaren honestly think this shite would look better to any other set of fans?

After making it plain he had no intention of stepping down, the 54-year-old was defiant as he addressed the sensitive question of his future. Would I quit? No way, he said. I dont do that. I have enough experience. Ive been through this with chants like that [calling for his head]. Thats the perils of being a manager and especially of this team.

What is it with people stating that having chants calling for their head is something that they're 'especially likely to get up here'? As if we're any more demanding than anyone else. I've watched a couple of Villa games this season and they've been amongst some of the most poisonous atmospheres I think I've seen. Does McClaren honestly think this shite would look better to any other set of fans?

He's had nothing but support from the fans, to say how shit we've been the atmosphere has been alright not negative at all.

It was only yesterday the fans turned but I'm sure people will start saying we've been shouting for his head all season

After making it plain he had no intention of stepping down, the 54-year-old was defiant as he addressed the sensitive question of his future. “Would I quit? No way,” he said. “I don’t do that. I have enough experience. I’ve been through this with chants like that [calling for his head]. That’s the perils of being a manager – and especially of this team.”

He resigned from Forest and Twente so wtf is he talking about?

It's all about the compensation.

If I were Ashley, I'd appoint the best manager we can (Moyes?) and promise 2 things. First, a massive bonus if we stay up. Second, no blame if we go down but an understanding that if it happens we will do our utmost to retain key players in the championship (like last time). I'm not Ashley though.

I'm not Ashley though.

Correct, Ashley's a cunt, you just like stained glass! :razz:

The club is no longer that, our club.

SBR's words unfortunately no longer apply to NUFC, it's just a rich and horrible twat's international billboard for his shitty tatt stores.

There's an online petition to try to get Charnley to sack McClaren, yet again they're going after the wrong one. The petition should be to Mike Ashley telling him to sell up & sod off

Agreed, there's absolutely nothing we can do to influence this except lose interest and stop going. That's ultimately where this will end up, one day, but it's not around the corner based on the past couple of years.

Yes because it's that simple to just sell up and sod off.

So sacking McClaren is the simplest option it won't change anything as long as Ashley owns the club. IF they were to sack McClaren they'd just hire another has been yes man manager to replace him. All protests, petitions, bedsheets need to be aimed at Ashley he said in THAT interview last year "the buck stops at my door". My opinion on McClaren still remains I never wanted him from the start but he's not the one to target just like his predsessors JFK, Pardew, & Carver were only part of the problem. There's one person ultimately responsible for this mess it's Ashley.