Jump to content

Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great news lads the son in laws ex wife is home. It looks like she's going to be ok it's really brought it home how bad this is. Hopefully things can get back to some kind of normality in a couple of

A 10ft coffin, slowly whirring down the aisle carried by 6 weeping Roombas. 

My old man has days, at the most, left.    Good luck to anyone trying to stop me seeing him.    It’ll be The Rule Of Five.…   Five Knuckles.…       I’ll hit th

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Blimey, how many people did Kay Burley have at her party?

 

 

She's undoubtedly getting a touch of he old Keys/Grey routine...they were waiting for her exceedingly entitled self to step out of line and now we'll never see her again :D*

 

* maybe a Channel 5 voice-over gig awaits?..

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ewerk said:

Just as well there won't be 10,000s of Londoners travelling all over the country to see their families for Christmas.

Aye, good point. Loads of the people that live there are from somewhere else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from the Gov.UK site ...

If you are returning to the UK from Belgium, you will need to self-isolate on your return 

So Boris was in Brussels yesterday & has visited Blyth today. There were pictures up of Boris at Blyth beach with Ian Lavery MP they were standing about 2 feet apart with neither wearing a mask. Also there was another picture of him standing outside Coastline Chippy standing right next to a female worker. Again Boris wasnt wearing a mask. Both pictures have now been removed from the internet as they were clearly a breach of government guidelines 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If "high-value business travellers" are exempt from the self-isolation rules now, then I imagine the prime minister is too. And masks aren't mandatory outdoors, albeit they're advisable if you're outdoors somewhere crowded. Still, you'd think Johnson's people would be more aware of the optics, especially if he's standing close to people too (which is meant to be not allowed, as you say), but this is the bloke who boasted about shaking hands with everyone at a hospital as the outbreak was taking off so what can you expect. :dunno: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 15:29, Renton said:

suggests pubs do have a fairly large impact. 

 

This has been screamingly obvious all along, and I've gone from rolling my eyes and having a laugh at the good old British need to go out and get sozzled, to being genuinely annoyed at the fact that my life is going to be put on hold for maybe six months longer than it needs to be, all because people can't go without a draught Fosters for a bit longer. :boogie:  

 

On 10/12/2020 at 16:54, ewerk said:

Just as well there won't be 10,000s of Londoners travelling all over the country to see their families for Christmas.


Pretty much everyone I know has cancelled their family visits and is staying in London for once, but there's inevitably an exception or two, and I must admit I'm finding it very hard not to reply to their posts about their travel plans with a tirade of abuse. :lol:  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be accepted wisdom that Tier 3 will be announced for London on Wednesday. But possibly not implemented until Saturday, because what we need so soon before the Christmas relaxation is a couple of nights of people socialising as much as they can. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Meenzer said:

 

This has been screamingly obvious all along, and I've gone from rolling my eyes and having a laugh at the good old British need to go out and get sozzled, to being genuinely annoyed at the fact that my life is going to be put on hold for maybe six months longer than it needs to be, all because people can't go without a draught Fosters for a bit longer. :boogie:  

 


[b]Pretty much everyone I know has cancelled their family visits and is staying in London [/b]for once, but there's inevitably an exception or two, and I must admit I'm finding it very hard not to reply to their posts about their travel plans with a tirade of abuse. :lol:  

Because they know they can still get a pint and go out for something to eat. :lol:

 

;)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 17:14, Meenzer said:

Seems to be accepted wisdom that Tier 3 will be announced for London on Wednesday. But possibly not implemented until Saturday, because what we need so soon before the Christmas relaxation is a couple of nights of people socialising as much as they can. :lol:

 

OK, seems the jungle drums were wrong and tonight and tomorrow will be the pub nights. Wiser than making it Thursday and Friday, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renton said:

Oh, he's too good for us now....

 

Anyway, just listening to Desmond Swayne there on C4 news. He is a genuine lunatic. Ignore doctors and trust your common  sense apparently. 😜

I thought he made a good case about how lockdown isn’t good for mental health and the disastrous effect on the ECONOMY and the damage to the ECONOMY and how it’s going to ruin the ECONOMY.

Certainly didn’t come across as a swivel eyed loon in the least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, what do these nutters think will happen to the ECONOMY if we let rip and let 10% of the population get seriously ill in a short time frame. The idiot actually said lockdown hasn't worked. His solution? Get rid of lockdown altogether and let people make their own choices. Whilst at the same time he was twisting about mask wearing. This is an MP from what's supposed to be a mainstream party ffs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the same way as not going to the relatives for Christmas has been an easier sell now that we know the most vulnerable parts of the population will be vaccinated by the time the number of cases naturally falls in the spring/summer anyway, so we can make up for it then, it is doubly insane to be talking about letting the virus tear through the country right as we're on the cusp of actually getting some kind of control over it. We've come this far, surely giving up now would be the worst of both worlds?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

In the same way as not going to the relatives for Christmas has been an easier sell now that we know the most vulnerable parts of the population will be vaccinated by the time the number of cases naturally falls in the spring/summer anyway, so we can make up for it then, it is doubly insane to be talking about letting the virus tear through the country right as we're on the cusp of actually getting some kind of control over it. We've come this far, surely giving up now would be the worst of both worlds?

 

 

Quite, Snow made that exact point. Swayne ain't for waiting though. Stupid thing is he's ancient and would probably peg it if he caught it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...