Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

4 hours ago, Polarboy said:

The thing about going to Saudi is that yes you'll be on ridiculous wages compared to what you could command in Europe, but if you're 26 like ASM and perhaps plan to come back after your contract, are teams going to be clambering to buy you after playing at that level for three or four years. 

Would you give a shit?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Would you give a shit?

I mean it's up to the player what they want to do, but I was just pointing out that there's some cons as well as pros to the Saudi move, for a player who's not at or near the end of their career in Europe. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

This Saudi club is also owned by PIF. No way we're giving essentially ourselves a shite deal, that's not even market value for him were we to sell him to a European team. It might end up being less than 40m, but they'll likely hand us 30m+ cash with no instalments.

Edit. On a side note, if ASM does decide to go to Saudi at his age then that tells you exactly what you need to know about his mentality, and whether he's up for the next step of our journey as a club. Of course given he'll also be helping us tremendously, as it seems we need the cash for other signings, it might be a bit harsh to say that, and it's not like I could tell you for definite that I wouldn't take the money myself, but largely only players with elite mentalities win elite competitions. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

This Saudi club is also owned by PIF. No way we're giving essentially ourselves a shite deal, that's not even market value for him were we to sell him to a European team. It might end up being less than 40m, but they'll likely hand us 30m+ cash with no instalments.

Edit. On a side note, if ASM does decide to go to Saudi at his age then that tells you exactly what you need to know about his mentality, and whether he's up for the next step of our journey as a club. Of course given he'll also be helping us tremendously, as it seems we need the cash for other signings, it might be a bit harsh to say that, and it's not like I could tell you for definite that I wouldn't take the money myself, but largely only players with elite mentalities win elite competitions. 

They might loan him back to us :lol: 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

I'd honestly like to see him have a great career wherever he goes, but have a feeling that it will fizzle out. Performances on the pitch just dont match up to his social media bravado. 

You are so clueless.

Highest Assists per 90

Highest GCA per 90

Highest SCA per 90

Don't even need to bring up his ball carrying skills, they're undeniable. 

Just say you dislike the GOAT and want him gone, stop lying about his football. 

@LongTimeAdmirer Hey nephew, remember when you were little and we went fishing down at Port one day?

And I was explaining to you how a lure works?

Well atm ASM's the lure and you're the fish, not the Geordiefish, because he's a twat, and you really don't want to be making yourself one of those.

Maxi's been great for the club, a star in times of absolute turd football, hopefully he may get the chance to prove all the doubters wrong but then again, he may not for whatever reason.

Just remember in Howe we trust.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

You are so clueless.

Highest Assists per 90

Highest GCA per 90

Highest SCA per 90

Don't even need to bring up his ball carrying skills, they're undeniable. 

Just say you dislike the GOAT and want him gone, stop lying about his football. 

Is this last season?

Last season he played 3 90 minute Premier League games.  THREE!  FUCKING THREE.  No wonder his stats are inflated with that.

Are you a Tory?  Adding 20k coppers to the streets.

OH To Replace the TWENTY THOUSAND YOU FUCKING BINNED!!! 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Polarboy said:

You'd imagine we have to go through with the pretence of negotiations to make it look above board. Something like this:

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 12

If we were linked with Maxi who was playing for Brentford and he had the STATS he had last season, no cunt would want him. Especially if the other option was a player who smashed in 13 from the wing in a relegated team.

Sort of exciting to watch on his day but that’s only about 3 times a season and we need to circumvent the status quo stabiliser that is FFP. If this move funds Barnes, Livramento and a couple of others, it’s an absolute no brainer 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If we were linked with Maxi who was playing for Brentford and he had the STATS he had last season, no cunt would want him. Especially if the other option was a player who smashed in 13 from the wing in a relegated team.

Sort of exciting to watch on his day but that’s only about 3 times a season and we need to circumvent the status quo stabiliser that is FFP. If this move funds Barnes, Livramento and a couple of others, it’s an absolute no brainer 

But he makes Greek Apps and has GUCCI!

8 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

Daft thing is he only posts that if those sorts of comments get to him. So he’s only revealing they do :lol: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Hmmmm….wonder who? 🤔

I don’t know if anyone is interested but Almiron would have to be at the absolute peak of his potential market value now. And I think he’s a decent player, with a great attitude and athleticism. But I think the first half of last season was him having a purple patch and certainly not the norm. Which isn’t to say Howe hasn’t improved him. But I don’t think he’ll ever be a natural finisher 

• Like 5

His one footedness is fucking painful as well.

From what I've seen of last night's highlights, Tonali looks like another natural footballer in the same way Bruno looks. He looks strong on the ball as well.

If I was ASM, I'd be on my way for £10m a year. He's not gonna go to a club that wins things, so trophies aren't in his future anyway. He might as well work on his bank balance in a league where he'll enjoy the freedom to do his thing. I don't think going to the Saudi league is any slight on his character or his ambition either BTW.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 6

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season